Wednesday, November 4, 2009

hunting

Last week I went to Oregon to go elk hunting. I was excited to get away from all of the hustle and bustle of normal life. When I went to Oregon I spent about 6 days on a mountain in the freezing cold. I thought I would of loved hunting. When I thought of hunting I was thinking of camping and drinking and sitting around a fire I did not think to much about the actual hunting. I did not want to actual kill an animal I just want to enjoy the camping aspect of the trip. The first day of hunting we woke up at about 4:00 am to go out hunting. It was snowing and it was about 15 degrees and the wind was blowing right in my face. We were out for about 5 hour and we did not see one elk. It was the same every day after that. The only elk I saw the whole time was a dead one that some hunters were packing. If I was asked again to go hunting I would probably decline because I just like to go to the super market to by my meat not spend a week in the freezing cold for a chance to get an elk.

1 comment:

  1. Try it with a spotter scope and a camera! All the thrill of the hunt, none of the killing.

    ReplyDelete